9 Best Project Management Tools For 2022
It doesn’t matter if you run a large team, small business, or are a freelancer, you need to have a project management tool that organizes your workflow. Project management tools help your business stay organized and run operations smoothly. There are countless project management tools out there to help you run your business. They are all unique in the own way and solve different problems. What differs is why do you need the project management tool and how it serves your business.
To help you find the project management tool that best serves your business, we compiled a list of the best 21 project management tools for 2022.
Basecamp is a project management tool build to manage remote teams. Businesses of all kinds use Basecamp to organize tasks, files, messages. It keeps all teams on board without meetings, thanks to its many features. Also, It allows you to create a separate dashboard to show to clients.
- Messages and real-time chats
- To do lists & Schedules
- Files and documents storage
- Automatic check-ins
- Reports on project performance
Price: It is free for students, teachers, and freelancers and offers paid plans for $99 per month (flat-rate).
Asana is a popular project management tool that helps teams of all sizes to manage projects, tasks, and goals. It offers different project view features such as list, board, timeline, and calendar. Asana helps teams automate routine tasks and keeps everyone informed on deadlines. It has a simple interface which makes it ideal for small organizations and projects.
- Unlimited projects, tasks, messages, file storage
- Organize projects and tasks with tags
- Milestones and team progress
- Over 100 integration with other apps
- Project dashboards with multiple views
Price: Asana has a free plan with up to 15 members and paid plans starting from $10.99 per team member per month.
Notion is different from other tools as it is position as an all-in-one workspace. It is a combination of note-taking apps such as Evernote with project management tools. With Notion, you can take notes of all kinds, mention projects and team members, or set reminders. It allows you to organize tasks, projects, roadmaps, and more with tables that come in multiple views. Notion is a project management tool built to empower all kinds of teams and help run businesses remotely.
- Team wikis to organize all projects and files
- Projects and tasks tables in multiple formats
- Systemize notes, documents, files, and links
- Create pages inside each other
- Web clipper integration for browser
Price: Notion offers a free plan for personal use with limited storage. Paid plans start from $4 per month for personal. For businesses, the price starts from $8 per month per team member.
Trello is a visual project management tool. It is known for its cardboard-like dashboards that are ideal for organizing straightforward projects and tasks. Lists and cards are the building blocks of Trello which then are featured in timeline or calendar view. Each card contains information such as due dates, attachments, checklists, conversations, and much more.
- Unlimited cards and members
- Multiple views such as dashboard, timeline, calendar, and team table
- Organize lists by date and priority
- Automated command runs
- Integrates with various tools
Price: Trello offers a free plan for individuals and teams with up to 10 boards. Its paid plans start from $10 per month per user.
Zoho Projects helps businesses of all sizes to plan projects, track work, and collaborate with the team. It allows you to create a work breakdown structure, views it as a Gantt chart, and customize the view in the layout it suits you. Moreover, it helps teams to track time, create timesheets and generate reports of all kinds.
- Different task views, including the Gantt chart
- Allows chats and mention between team members
- Generate timesheets, invoicing, and budgeting
- Create charts and reports for tasks, timesheets, and projects
- Integrates with all Zoho tool and various other online tools
Price: Zoho offers free plans with up to 2 projects. Zoho’s paid plan starts from $6 per member per month.
ClickUp is a project management tool built on an intuitive design that allows teams to communicate and collaborate effortlessly. It includes numerous features for efficient task and project management. ClickUp consists of multiple attributes and app integrations that reduce work friction.
- Build projects and tasks lists
- Create knowledge base docs & wikis
- Send and receive emails directly from ClickUp
- Manage project’s calendars, timelines, and Gantt charts
- Track goals and time spent on tasks
- View projects in different views
Price: ClickUp has a free plan with up to 100 MB storage. The paid plan starts from $5 per member per month.
Smartsheet is a flexible platform built for the modern enterprise joining collaboration, workflows, and content management. Smartsheet allows teams of all sizes to work and report in real-time, automate workflows and scale new processes.
- Edit and share work in grid, card, Gantt, or calendar views
- Automate workflows and repetitive tasks
- Integrate Smartsheet with other apps you use
- Plan, manage and review content production
- Track budgets and manage resources
Price: Smartsheet individual plans start from $14 per month, while the business plan starts from $25 per month per user. For enterprises, it offers custom plans.
Scoro is a comprehensive platform that helps you run your business efficiently. It manages tasks, projects, contacts, quotes, billing, reporting, and team collaboration. Scoro is ideal for business who wants to streamline their work process, including client management.
- Manage time with shared calendars, timesheets, and built-in time tracker
- Overview planned and completed projects, time spent, and income and expenses
- Get a 360-degree view of each customer
- Create quotes and invoices with pre-set templates
- Track goals, performances, KPI, and finances
Price: Scoro pieces start with $26 per member per month for small teams.
9. Toggle Plan
Toggl Plan, previously known as Teamweek, is a fast and flexible project management tool that allows keeping track of your projects and teams in a timeline-based platform. Its effortless drag-and-drop planning supports organizations to efficiently manage projects, tasks, and meetings in one shared calendar.
- Drag-and-drop interface to manage projects and tasks
- Manage team members availability
- Add comments inside tasks
- Schedule work hour by hour
- Add milestones, checklists, and color codes
Price: Toggl Plan offers a free solo plan. For teams, prices start from $8 per user per month.