Facebook Marketing: 5 Trends To Follow In 2021
Facebook is one of the most widely used social media platforms on the internet, with 2.79 billion people using it globally. According to SprouSocial, about two-thirds of Facebook users visit a local business page every week, while 36% of Americans use it to inform on the news. With popularity not planned to decrease anytime soon, your business must be present on Facebook.
But before you craft your Facebook marketing strategy for 2021, here are a few trends to catch that will help you generate more sales.
Early in 2020, Facebook launched Facebook shops, creating new opportunities for businesses that sell online. This mobile-first shopping experience allows online businesses to create online stores on Facebook and Instagram for free. The online shops enable you to offer support and connect with customers through WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Instagram Direct.
Having a Facebook shop will help you promote your products by:
- Tagging the products in photos you share on your business page
- Creating collections for your products so customers can find your products easier
- Enabling in-app checkout, helping customers to purchase your products without leaving the app
More than 20 billion messages fly out in Facebook messenger between customers and businesses. With the great potential that Facebook Messenger has in connecting businesses with their customers, Facebook is seeking ways to improve relationships
Through automation, the chatbots help businesses to:
- Answers frequently asked questions,
- Provide details on products,
- Allow customers to make appointments via Facebook
- Provide 24/7 customer service
Facebook groups present advantageous opportunities to build a community around your business. Due to its format, Facebook groups create a personal engagement with customers. Because of this personal connection with customers, you can drive focus on products you want to promote while receiving feedback from the customers in real-time.
You can use Facebook groups for your business by:
- Announcing offers and new products or services
- Starting conversations on tips and tricks for using your products or service
- Sharing insights and news around your business
- Creating polls to receive feedback on any product or matter that is important to your business
Facebook Newsfeed Advertising
For some time now, Facebook advertising has been one of the best formats for digital advertising. However, the newsfeed ad format is proving to be more efficient than other setups. According to Socialbakers, in 2020, newsfeed ads had a 1.82% click-through rate (CTR), compared to Facebook video feeds of 0.85%. The higher CTR is mainly because news feed ads provide more creative ad space to promote your business, products, or services.
Take on the newest trend by creating newsfeed ads that:
- Promote your products or services
- Increase your brand awareness
- Collect leads to drive future sales
Hashtags are a popular feature to find content on platforms like Instagram and Twitter. Now Facebook is making new changes to incorporate them too. On Facebook, hashtags group the posts from pages, groups, and public profiles on bigger themes, which will help you connect with potential customers and drive engagement. While hashtags are relatively a new feature for Facebook is decisive to get ahead of the game and associate your business with hashtags that fall under your business niche.
You can use Facebook hashtags to:
- Group your page posts based on the content theme
- Create branded hashtags
- Search and interact with hashtags from your business niche
Facebook will continue to be one of the most used social media platforms. Taking advantage of its newest trends will help you reach more customers.
The 2021 trends to incorporate in your Facebook strategy include:
- Facebook shops which will help you sell online faster
- Facebook chatbots that will help you build stronger relationships with your customers
- Facebook groups which will help you establish a community around your business.
- Facebook newsfeed ads which have a higher CTR than other ad formats
- Facebook hashtags which will help potential customers find your content easier